Monday, September 26, 2011

Don't Tell My Mom

This weekend, a small plane crashed near Kathmandu airport after a sightseeing flight in the Himalayas. There were no survivors. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2011/09/25/2011-09-25_plane_touring_mt_everest_crashes_in_nepal_killing_19_including_2_americans.html
I'm trying to figure out how to keep my Mom from reading that story in the newspaper or seeing it online. She'd probably have a stroke, as she was never keen on my goal to go to Everest to begin with...
Oh, and and I'm pretty sure she missed last week's story about the earthquake and landslides there, too: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/19/world/asia/earthquake-shakes-india-and-nepal.html
Yep, 40 years old and I'm still worried what my mom might think. Take for instance how I changed the name of this blog recently because the *real* name had a swear word in it. Gasp! I think Mom would have been mortified to have friends and relatives follow a blog in which her daughter refers to herself as a "Half-Assed Perfectionist".
What?! Your daughter swears?! Shit. If she only knew...
The description though, is quite accurate, Half-Assed Perfectionist: If something is worth doing, it's worth doing right. Well, when I feel like it. And that's truly my personality. Things have to be "just-so" ALL THE TIME, until I can't take it anymore and succumb to being a slacker for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment