Sunday, September 25, 2011

Inadvertent Stupidity

I always manage to do at least one incredibly stupid thing before I leave on a trip. Once it was getting a speeding ticket the night before my flight. Goodbye necessary airport identification!
Once it was getting a bad pedicure just before I left on a trip to Italy. Nothing says walking the streets of Rome for a week like clipped-too-short toenails. This time my incredibly stupid thing was using a new ATM and forgetting to take back my card at the end of the transaction. In my defense, my usual ATM is the "swipe" kind and this one was the kind where you feed it in and then it expels it at the end after you take the receipt. Because I didn't take my card back at the end, the ATM "ate" it for security purposes. Oh, and this particular bank destroys any cash station cards that get eaten by the machine if the card was not issued by them. Getting a new one from my bank will take 10 days, cutting it really close to the day of departure. Withdrawing money from an ATM overseas is a necessity, that replacement card better get here fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment